The Place for Latino Community Leaders To Gather
Tejiendo Latino Leadership: Where There is One, There Are Many
LIDERAMOS 5th Annual National Symposium
October 25th – October 27th 2023
Kansas City, MO
Our 5th Annual National Symposium theme “Tejiendo Latino Leadership: Where There is One, There Are Many” is celebrating the strenghts and intersections of Latino culture, history, and community engagement. The three-day gathering provides skill-building and community leadership development to address the local community transformation, how to increase Latinx leadership, and to re-energize one another and our visions as leaders. We are uniting 100 leaders throughout the United States to offer best practices on how to reset and amplify their work and strategies with and on behalf of the community.
We invite you to join us in Kansas City, Missouri (Ancestral Land Keepers: Osage, Kaw, Otoe-Missouria, Shawnee, Wyandot, among other Native American peoples) to honor our experiences and strength, in order to pass on skills and insight to our network of community leaders. The Kansas City Region has an incredible history of community development and Latino leaders rising in regional and national roles.
Kansas City animation artist Vince Medellin honored LIDERAMOS with original art for our 5th National Symposium, “Tejiendo Latino Leadership: Where There is One, There Are Many.” The young woman is inspired by Xochitlquetzal and shows how our emerging leaders hold the deep knowledge and traditions of their woven past of memories and cultura. The artist was inspired in how our theme and mission uplifts and celebrates the joy of who are are as families, our talents, and coming together to lift one another up. Thus, all the colors, dancing, low riders, family and hands extending knowing we are hear for each other in comunidad.
PRE SYMPOSIUM WORKSHOPS
Effective Teaming facilitated by Criss Cuervo, Author of “PERTENÆCER: Eight-Week Mindfulness and Meditation Training and Practices for Latinx Immigrants in the United States ©”, is a workshop to build practical skills to build a team culture based on trust, psychological safety, belonging, and inclusion, leading to improved performance. Experiential training in simple, practical and applied tools for developing a thriving team environment.
Content owned and developed by SIY Global. This organization created and launched Google’s internal mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training.
- Deepen self-awareness and learn how our thoughts and behaviors impact the team
- Expand awareness of self and others
- Build effective and non-reactive communication skills
- Generate a culture of trust and inclusion
- Cultivate a prosocial mindset of humility and curiosity
- Promote team interactions that create a learning community
- Optimize team engagement, agility, and effectiveness
Registration for each workshop is $120. Lunch included.
Courses will run from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Wednesday, October 25th in Kansas City, MO.
- Opening Ceremony & Fireside Chat Featuring National Leaders Stories & Pop Up Studio
- Keynote: The Honorable Delia García, the first Latina—and youngest woman—elected to the Kansas legislature in 2004 and the first Latina appointed Secretary of Labor in her home state. Delia will share insights from her new book, Latina Leadership Lessons: 50 Latinas Speak.
- Keynote: Local KC emerging leader, Anna Bazan-Munguía, Director of Community Outreach at Big Brothers Big Sisters KC who will share about ‘Mentoring Lessons Rooted in Familia.’
- Keynote: To gain advice and insight on how to strengthen the pipeline for Latino Board representation, from the bottom-up, we are delighted to hear from non-profit expert Patrick Salazar, from Latinos Lead.
- Community Reception Celebrating Day of the Dead Cultura
- Sessions on collaborative leadership, wellness tactics, fundraising, community preparedness, and more.
- Guest speakers including Latino Leader Fellows sharing work in the field, emergent Latino Leadership Programs, funding partners, and more!
- 3 days of speakers, workshops and the latest training modalities in leadership development.
- Keynote presentations by National thought leaders and change agents.
- Two Networking Receptions.
- Awards Dinner & Celebration.
- Immersion into the Kansas City Latino community, arte y culture, history, and their visions for its future.
- Connection and engagement among peers and Latino serving organizations across the country.
- Community and support that lasts long beyond the Symposium.
- Resources and technical assistance to initiate leadership programs.
- Know-how to enhance existing leadership programs and personal leadership skills.
- Research and evaluation methods to visualize and position Latino Leadership in your community and within the field.
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Cascade Hotel, Kansas City, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel for 199 USD – 249 USD per night
Aloft Kansas City Country Club Plaza for 159 USD per night
Our kind and proud sponsors are: